Installation Method Statement PDF
Material Data Sheet PDF
Safety Data Sheet PDF
1. GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
An effective solvent-based primer for pre-treatment of concrete and worn or polished bituminous surfaces prior to application of thermoplastic materials such as road markings, road surfacing and bitumen products. Also used for treatment of concrete prior to application of two component epoxy surfacing. Its low viscosity facilitates deep penetration into substrates. CP Primer is preferably applied by brush or roller.
• To improve the adhesion of thermoplastic materials to concrete, worn or polished asphalt and other bituminous surfaces.
• To pretreat concrete prior to application of epoxy resin surfacing.
• Clear / transparent, slightly tinted liquid
• Improvement of adhesion to difficult substrates
• Read to use – no mixing
• Fast drying
• Easy to apply
|Apperarance, colour||Clear liquid, red / pink tint|
|Flash point||0ºc (approx.)|
|Coverage rates||Approx. 0.3 litres per sqm (depends on absorbance of substrate)|
|Application conditions||5ºc to 35ºc RH < 90%|
|Dry time||Touch dry approx 40 mins (depends on surface temperature)|
5. SURFACE PREPARATION:
• Surface must be clean, dry and free from any contamination including dust, dirt oil, grease, laitance and curing agents.
• Surface must be stabel not prone to flaking, dusting or spalling.
• Ensure the surface is free from de-icing salt residues, if necessary power wash clean the surface and dry before application.
6. PRODUCT APPLICATION:
• Application is by brush or roller (may also be applied by spray).
• The prepared surface must be totally covered with a thin, even coating of CP Primer.
• Never pour onto the surface, avoid ponding by brushing out where necessary.
• For spraying method, viscosity may be adjusted with thinners to improve spray coverage.
• Ensure CP Primer is properly dry before applying subsequent coatings.
• It is advisable to try a test area frist before proceeding with the main application.
7. PACKAGING AND STORAGE:
STORAGE: Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated suitable for storing flammable materials.
PACKAGING: CP Primer is supplied in 25 litre steel drums.
SHELF LIFE: 2 years under normal conditions.
8. SAFE HANDLING PRECAUTIONS:
* Suitable protective clothing shall be worn when handling materials.
* Gloves shall be worn and eye protection if there is a risk of splashing or when spraying.
* Always use outside in well ventilated areas, wear vapour mask.
* Do not exceed recommended application temperatures.
* Keep away from sources of ignition.
* For further information refer to safety data sheet (available on request).
9. HEALTH & SAFETY:
CP Primer contains flammable solvents. Keep away from sources of ignition. NO SMOKING.